GILLING WEST PARISH COUNCIL


Minutes of the Meeting held in the John Ross Suite

on 13th December 2016.



Present: _Cllrs Brian Metcalfe (Chair), David Allison (Vice Chair), Michael Gauntlett,       K Rostron, Jon Rutherford – Parish Clerk


  1. Apologies for Absence

Cllr M Heseltine (NYCC), W Heslop (RDC), P Metcalfe (PC), PC M Wood, Cllr P Metcalfe.


2. Confirmation of the minutes of the meeting held on 20th September 2016

The clerk had issued the minutes which were agreed by all.


3. Matters Arising

Clerk to look into the Pensions Regulator requirements. Clerk to action.


4. Planning Applications

The clerk advised that permission had been granted for the affordable housing project with work scheduled to commence early 2017.


The clerk advised that both Scotch Corner retail developments had been granted planning permission.


5. An update on the Flooding Works / Actions

The clerk advised that he had spoken to Sheila Hillary, advising that no agreement had been made available confirming any “beck constable” agreement.


The clerk advised that RDC had confirmed funding (£500.00) for the de silt works as quoted by DH Willis. It was agreed that the clerk to submit the claim based on the invoice received from DH Willis (£1800.00). Clerk to action.


It was agreed that the clerk to send the DH Willis invoice (£1800.00) to Skelton Estates who had advised that they would make a contribution of £500.00. Clerk to action.


It was advised that Highways had been installing larger pipes in the village which would help to increase the water dispersal levels.



6. An update on the Play Parks

Cllr Rostron advised that he was still looking at alternative match funding sources. Cllr Rostron to action.


It was agreed that Cllr Rostron to start to identify the demand for allotments (to be potentially located in the playing field site). Cllr Rostron to action.


Cllr Rostron advised that funding of £470 had been granted from the NYCC LocalityBudget for the Helen Wilkinson memorial project. It was agreed that Cllr Rostron to return the grant acceptance forms. Cllr Rostron to action.

7. Correspondence

The clerk had received and issued the Autumn / Winter 2016 as submitted by the late Cllr Michael Heseltine.


8. Accounts and Cheques to Pay

The clerk issued all with a summary of the accounts showing funds as below :


Current Account : £9518.78

Flood Account : £3092.94

Play Account : £900.00

NEDL Account : £1568.81


The following cheques were agreed:


Chq 100681 – £208.80 Shire Country Services

100682 - £104.40 Shire Country Services

100683 - £240.00 PKF Littlejohn

100684 - £60.00 HMRC

100685 – £320.00 J Rutherford pay (Sept – Dec)

100008 - £1800.00 DH Willis



9. Any Other Business (outstanding from previous meetings)

It was agreed that the Chair to request that RDC inspect and replenish the sand bags. Chair to action.


It was agreed that the parish council would fund a grit bin at Millgate (maximum of £250.00) with the local people being responsible for organising the grit. Cllr Rostron and Clerk to action.


Cllr Rostron advised that a parishioner had slipped on some stones at the Iron Bridge. It was agreed that Cllr Rostron and Cllr Heslop to look into erecting some additional fence rails at this area. It was further advised that this work to be completed before the year end (2016). Cllr Rostron & Cllr Heslop to action.


It was agreed that the clerk to issue the parish council update for the parish magazine before the copy deadline of January 2017. Clerk to action.


The Chair advised that it was hoped that another “Speed watch” exercise would take place early 2017 after the roadwork’s had been completed.  Chair to action.



10. Date of the Next Meeting (Precept Meeting)

The next meeting to be 17th January 2017 with a start time of 6.30pm


Cllr Gauntlett to book the JRS. Cllr Gauntlett to action.


The meeting closed at 7.55pm